Now that there is a contract of sale on your property, there a few items to sort out:
1. Contact your solicitor to advise them that you have signed a contract of sale and also advise them who holds the mortgage on the property. Our office administration will forward a copy of the contract to your solicitor.
2. Contact the mortgagee and provide them with a copy of the contract of sale.
Once the contract of sale becomes un-conditional:
3. You may need to make an appointment with the mortgagee to sign all the release documentation for the mortgage.
4. If there is no mortgage, and you have an original certificate of title or deed for the property. This may need to be provided to your solicitor. Check the release fee has been paid to the mortgagee and the title cleared.
5. Advise your insurance company that you have sold the property – you may be entitled to a rebate on the insurance.
We are here to help, simply contact the team at your office of preference listed in the footer below.